The Assembly Theatre is beautifully located next to Harrisville Pond and waterfall. A volunteer group, the Patrons of the Assembly (a 501C3 non-profit) has made it their mission to bring quality events to the theatre for the community to enjoy!
The Assembly Theatre was built in 1934 by mill owner and philanthropist Austin T. Levy. Mr. Levy and his wife, June Rockwell Levy donated the Assembly to the Town of Burrillville in order for the residents to enjoy plays and performing artists. The Board of Administration was created by Mr. Levy in 1934 to oversee the Assembly Theatre and the Board continues to manage and maintain this beautiful historic theater to this day. The Board of Administration collaborates with The Patrons of the Assembly Theatre to bring exciting events to the community.